Sweet Potato Pancakes

Last night, for dinner I made sweet potato pancakes. These were a first for me and my kids loved them (and so did I!) This is a great meal if you're trying to add in some extra carbs for race day.

3/4 lb mashed sweet potatoes
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
3.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1.5 cups milk (I only ended up using about 1 cup milk, any more and the batter would have been too runny)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
Blend sweet potato mixture into flour mixture to form a batter.
Cook until golden brown on a griddle.

I served mine with homemade whipped cream...delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment